Kickstarter: Ouya raises $1million in 8 hours and 22 minutes
Update: Ouya raised $8,596,475 from 63,416 backers. Read more about Ouya and crowdfunding here.
Kickstarter is the well known crowd funding website for creative projects. Kickstarter has funded a diverse array of endeavours, ranging from indie films, music and comics to journalism, video games, and food-related projects.
They have gained attention from the growing popularity in crowd funding and the rapid pace at which participants raise money.
From the Kickstarter blog: Yesterday a video game project called Ouya became the eighth project in Kickstarter history to raise more than a million dollars, and the fastest ever to do so.
This is absolutely incredible and shows a lucrative opportunity for startups seeking funding. There are numerous resources online that provide a guide to crowd funding.
Ouya are not the only team to raise more than a million dollars. Here are the top eight by speed:
- OUYA — 8 hours and 22 minutes
- Double Fine Adventure — 17 hours and 30 minutes
- Pebble — 27 hours
- Wasteland 2 — 41 hours
- Shadowrun Returns — 7 days
- The Order of the Stick — 27 days, 5 hours
- Amanda Palmer — 27 days, 12 hours
- Elevation Dock — 57 days
And here are the top ten by dollars received in 24 hours:
- OUYA — $2,589,687.77
- Double Fine Adventure — $1,064,652.05
- Pebble — $863,132.92
- Wasteland 2 — $555,407.84
- Shadowrun Returns — $378,008.28
- Amanda Palmer — $223,348.50
- The Icarus Deception — $178,194.00
- Elevation Dock — $161,507.00
- Penny Arcade Sells Out — $151,221.17
- gTar — $138,891.00
If you wish to share your own experiences drop us a line or leave a comment or join the Hacker News discussion.
You might also enjoy:
+ The Startup Dictionary – Learning the Lingo #3
+ Learning From Other Startups – 6 Real Life Stories
+ Samsung’s Pivot From Dried Fish to Smartphones
+ Top Startup Podcasts – Learning From Listening
Where to next? Check out a random article.
Join the conversation: Leave a comment or tweet this post.