How to go from Idea Guy to Execution Guy?
You are always thinking up great ideas. Good, bad the ugly. Your bedside notebook is full of brilliant ideas to turn you into the next business billionare. One problem, you never execute any of these ideas.
The Idea Guy
A recent question to Quora asked: How do I go from being an idea/vision guy to an idea and execution guy?
It strikes at the very problem many entreprenuers face. How do we get started? How do we take these ideas and make them real? Execution (good or bad) seperates the men from the boys…
Want to go from day dreamer to execution guru. Here are some steps. Be warned you may actually execute something!
1) Open your idea notebook – If you have one, open it to page 1. If you don’t have one, you ask yourself ig you really are the “ideas” guy.
Inc.com writes: “Get them out of your head and onto paper. Having all of this brilliance trapped in your brain is exhausting – it wants out!”
2) Choose an idea – Pick the easiet and smallest idea you have. Pick one.
3) Execute – That’s right. Give yourself one month to execute that idea.
Add a reminder in your calendar, stick a post-it on your front door. For the next 30/31 days you need to deliver.
4) Complete – If you executed the idea, congrate yourself and pick the next idea to execute. If you failed, keep going until the idea is executed.
5) Practice – Practice makes perfect. Keep refining your execution skills and proving to yourself and others you have atarck record of delivering.
Did these steps help? Did you execute? Let us know.
You might also enjoy:
+ The Startup Dictionary – Learning the Lingo #3
+ Learning From Other Startups – 6 Real Life Stories
+ Startup Myths – I shall not be fooled again by gurus
+ The Bootstrap Challenge – Walking the Talk
Where to next? Check out a random article.
Join the conversation: Leave a comment or tweet this post.